Important The Money Source Inc. COVID-19 Information and Resources
For Our Customers...
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news revolving around COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offer great prevention tips and updates to help you stay on top of what’s going on.
- Create an online account at www.tmscustomer.com. This way you will have access to all of the tools you need to manage your mortgage at any time. This includes payment activity, payment changes, FAQs, important documents, etc.
- Download our Happinest mobile app. With Happinest, you’ll be able to access the customer website from any mobile device giving you the ability to manage your mortgage on the go!
- JOY, our automated assistant, is also available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about your mortgage on the customer website.
- Scammers may take advantage of uncertain times like what we are going through right now. No one from The Money Source Inc. will ask you for your personal information in an email or text message. If we reach out to you, we won't ask for confidential information such as your name, password, personal identification number (PIN) or other account information. See the Federal Trade Commission's advice for consumers to protect yourself from scams.
- Scammers may attempt to contact you regarding loss mitigation options, so it’s important to know that the only person that will be contacting you about your forbearance, post-forbearance, and modification updates will be your assigned Customer Ally (single point of contact). If anyone other than your assigned Customer Ally contacts you regarding loss mitigation assistance, we encourage you to alert your Customer Ally.
- Remember, help with home retention options, including housing counseling, is FREE. For more information on protecting yourself from COVID-19 mortgage assistance scams, see our FAQs below under "I want to know how to protect myself from fraud…"
We're here to help!
We all hit rough patches. COVID-19 has impacted everyone differently. Some of our customers felt the impact as early as February 2020, and others are just now starting to feel the effects. Everyone’s situation is different, and we get that. If you’re struggling to pay your mortgage due to COVID-19, there may be immediate help available.
This is why, in line with all federally backed loans including FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac, we are proud to offer assistance on a variety of approved COVID-19 related workout options. We will work with you to understand your unique situation, and help you determine which option is best for you. Read on below for some of our most frequently asked questions when it comes to COVID-19.
Don’t stress. Take action and contact us today or talk to a HUD-approved housing counselor for free advice on what to do next. Our team is here to help you get back on your feet.
FAQs about COVID-19 and your mortgage
I want to know more about forbearance…
I want to know more about post-forbearance relief options…
I want to know how to protect myself from fraud…
I want to know about foreclosure protections…
I want to know where I can get more information…
Housing Assistance Funds May be Available
Notice of Homeowner Assistance Fund Availability
The Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) is a federal program authorized by The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. The purpose of the HAF is to help homeowners experiencing a financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 catch up on mortgage and utility bills and pay other housing costs. Funds from the HAF may be used for assistance with past-due mortgage payments, homeowner’s insurance, utility payments, and other specified purposes. Each state is responsible for requesting and disbursing funds under their own HAF programs. As state programs become available, they will be listed on the National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) website at https://www.ncsha.org/homeowner-assistance-fund/.
As your mortgage servicer, we are happy to coordinate with the State Housing Finance Agencies and state HAF programs on getting our customers back on track.
- For more information on your state HAF program, please visit the NCSHA website above.
- The website provides a Homeowner Assistance Fund by State interactive map that allows you to view the HAF information for your state.
- Click on a state to get the latest information, including program status, eligibility requirements, and how to apply for financial assistance.
Aviso de Disponibilidad del Fondo de Asistencia al Propietario
El Fondo de Asistencia para Propietarios (HAF, por sus siglas en inglés) es un programa federal autorizado por la Ley del Plan de Rescate Estadounidense de 2021. El propósito del HAF es ayudar a los propietarios que experimentan dificultades financieras como resultado de COVID-19 a ponerse al día con las facturas hipotecarias y de servicios públicos y pagar otros costos de vivienda. Los fondos del HAF pueden ser utilizados para asistencia con los pagos de hipoteca vencidos, de seguro del propietario, de servicios públicos u otros propósitos especificados. Cada estado es responsable de solicitar y desembolsar fondos bajo sus propios programas de HAF. A medida de que los programas estatales estén disponibles, serán incluidos en el sitio web del Consejo Nacional de Agencias de Vivienda Estatales (NCSHA) en https://www.ncsha.org/homeowner-assistance-fund/.
Como administrador de su hipoteca, nos complace coordinar con las Agencias de Financiamiento de vivienda Estatales y los programas estatales de HAF para que nuestros clientes se pongan al día.
- Para obtener más información sobre el programa HAF de su estado, visite el sitio web de NCSHA arriba.
- El sitio web proporciona un mapa interactivo del Fondo de Asistencia para Propietarios por Estado que le permite ver la información de HAF para su estado.
- Haga clic en un estado para obtener la información más reciente, incluyendo el estatus del programa, los requisitos de elegibilidad y cómo solicitar asistencia financiera.
For Our Team Members and Locations…
As this pandemic plays out, we assure you that the health and safety of our team members is of top priority. Our Core Value of “People Matter” has shown itself in so many ways, and we couldn’t be prouder. Rest assured, we have processes and policies in place to ensure our work environments are as safe and clean as possible as the virus continues to impact our communities. We have:
- Implemented temperature checks, mask requirements, and increased cleaning regiments in all our office locations.
- Implemented continual education of our team members regarding the importance of proper hygiene. We have also increased stocks and availability of soap, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer in all of our locations.
- Reminded team members that those who are ill must not come to work. All team members must be symptom-free for at least 24 hours before returning to work. If a team member exhibits symptoms of the flu while at work, they will be required to go home.
As the situation continues to be fluid, we will do our best to keep you up to date during these unique circumstances. As a nation focused on recovery, we know there will be continued changes at the federal, state, and local level as we work towards solutions for our consumers. At The Money Source Inc., we consistently monitor for these updates.
On behalf of everyone at The Money Source Inc., we are sending our heartfelt thoughts to you and your loved ones and best wishes for brighter days ahead. As always, we will continue to be there for you and your loved ones during this unsettling time.
LAST UPDATED DECEMBER 17, 2021